This blog is dedicated to my great journey to the United States of America. Most of the events take place in San Diego but at a later stage the east coast will take over as the main setting for the story.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

"Thank you for my two sons, Walker and Texas Ranger"

Tonight, history was made. I went to the movies for the first time on this trip, and the flick I went to see was none other than "Talladega Nights: the Ballad of Ricky Bobby" starring Will Ferrell. I wish Will Ferrell and Steven Seagal made a movie together, with a cameo from Chuck Norris. Anyhow, the movie was brilliant, I was constantly laughing my ass off! Not quite as good as Anchorman, but almost. Highly recommended, yes yes.

Other than seeing the movie, today was the first day when I didn't actually do anything. Sure, I had plans but decided to head for the pool instead and enjoy a quiet sunday. I'm starting to get used to this...a nice apartment, a pool, a weather that's always perfect, a big ass mall one trolley stop away. This is my American Dream I guess. They're even shooting fireworks every night :O
A shopping mall in the downtown area, Horton's Plaza (this is just a fraction of the mall)

Oh by the way, I'm also a changed man these days. I've come a long way since John Bogi and I don't want him coming back. Seriously, there's no sign of Captain Morgan, or his bigger brother Admiral Morgan. I haven't been even close to getting drunk a single time! I do eat a lot of fast food at the moment though. So far I've tried Wendy's, Quizno's (subs), Taco Del Mar, Jack in the Box and Manchu Wok. Yeah, well, I really haven't been eating THAT much altoghether, no weight gained yet. Honestly.

Also, there was another historic moment earlier today. I finished reading Bram Stoker's "Dracula". A fantastic book, the spirit of the book is just magnificent...evil is evil, good is good, men are men and women are women. The main characters' bravado is just brilliant!

Well, that's it for the moment. I'm still spending money like it's christmas, those mostly on things that I really need :D Well, I really did need two pairs of surfing/swimming shorts (Billabong and Volcom), 5 pairs of Tommy Hilfiger/Marc Ecko boxers, a wristwatch etc etc. The good thing is they're really not too expensive here. Can't wait to get to Tijuana though! Maybe I'll get a few beers there as well. We actually bought some Miller Light last night, just in case. And we already had some Cerveza, came with the crib. Anyway, until next time!

-Jugi

What the hell is up with these people? Kusi news?!

View from around the corner.

6 Comments:

Blogger Ilkka said...

That's obviously the Channel 4 News Team van, updated to this millennium though.

7:50 AM

 
Blogger Jugi said...

Hahaha that's what I thought immediately after posting that!

10:27 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice work jugi... just have to tell i really liked the John Bogi and i'm waiting to get the captain back...

3:55 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Upeeta Jugi!

Näyttää todella hyvältä paikalta, oon jopa aika paljon kateellinen.
Ja mitä Kapteeniin tulee, ni oli kyllä ihan hyvää ryyppyseuraa ;)

2:31 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha ei vittu et repesin darrastani huolimatta tolle kusi newssille. jospa vaik sammuisin uusiks. terqqui macaost, pidä lippu korkeel

8:01 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol tajusin vast et luin kans draculaa tyttöystävän luona aina ku kävin paskal tos just ennen lähtöö macaoon :--) pitänee ettii se kirja täält jostain ja lukee loppuun

8:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home