This blog is dedicated to my great journey to the United States of America. Most of the events take place in San Diego but at a later stage the east coast will take over as the main setting for the story.

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Finally got to meet my old buddy Al Cohol!

Time really flies here in San Diego. I can't believe I haven't written anything here in four days or so! It has been somewhat hectic though, except for today. On Wednesday we decided to go shopping, bigtime. We went to San Ysidro which is right next to the Mexican border and features some cool factory outlets, quality brands only. I ended up spending $200 on that day alone, but I bought mostly useful stuff with that money. Some nice deals as well: Calvin Klein jeans for $25, an Adidas jacket for $16 and Puma sneakers for $40. And I bought lots of stuff in addition those, some Polo t-shirts, more t-shirts, a CK shirt, and so on and so on. Nice, now I have almost everything I need here at the moment. Oh, on Thursday I bought a pair of running shoes, they were a bit on the expensive side but damn, running has never felt this good! And I was prepared to buy shoes in that price range anyway. My Visa was on fire after those days.

Friday was the first day at school. Orientation. Yes, I know, all you Mikkeli folks probably think YES! John Bogi made his American debut. Well, far from it. That must have been the most boring orientation ever, hands down. Rules rules rules. No parties whatsoever. I got to meet some cool people though, so every cloud has a silver lining I guess.

To my surprise, there was partying included in this weekend after all. After a day of running and whatnot I noticed I had received an e-mail from some dude from San Diego State...the e-mail turned out to be a party announcement! Luckily we had some 30 Miller Lights and Cervezas in our fridge, so we started downing them in proper fashion. Kännijännitys (the feeling of anxiousness before getting drunk) started to build immediately but we drank the cure quickly enough for it to go away. Yes, I got drunk. No, John Bogi has not made an appearance yet. We came back home at like 5am.

Our fridge before the party


Today was dedicated to hangover. I didn't have a physical hangover, but the mental one was easily enough. Well, I did cheer myself up by buying a van Hooijdonk shirt from ebay. And I also bought J Dilla's new record, the Shining. And it's some goooooood, soulful hip hop. Other than that, I'm still not used to the distances here. God dammit I'm getting tired of all the walking. I am americanizing though, I've got an American bank account, we're getting a car soon, we have an American cell phone etc. etc. Now all that's left is getting some weight. 40kgs of fat will do, I reckon. Nah, I'll keep running instead. San Diego is America's fittest city after all.
That steak killed my hangover in an instant.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hei ja terveisiä Laplandiasta! Eräs yhteinen tuttumme, ihastuttava vaalea tyttönen vinkkasi sun blogin osoitteen ja piti käydä vähän vakoilemassa...
Hieman oon kateellinen kun noi rannat on aika kutsuvan näköisiä. Siistiltä vaikuttaa meininki siellä!

9:30 AM

 
Blogger riina said...

hoi! niin voisinhan mä ne sateet vaihtaa vähän lämpöisempäänkin, mutta muuten tuntuu UK kovin kutsuvalta. hauskaa löytää sun blogi, kuulosti hjuvalta sun seikkailun alku. aion seurata tilanteen kehittymistä :)

12:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home