This blog is dedicated to my great journey to the United States of America. Most of the events take place in San Diego but at a later stage the east coast will take over as the main setting for the story.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

San Diego State University

First day of school is behind now, and I must say my feelings are a bit mixed. The first class I had was Sales Management, which seems like a very interesting course and structure wise it's much like some of the classes I took in Mikkeli. The professor seemed like a decent enough fellow with a lot of experience in the field.

The second class, however, was not even remotely interesting. Well, what do you expect when the course title is Networking and Communication, meaning it's ICT. I'm definitely doing everything in my power to switch that one. I'm working on crashing a Human Resource Management class as I write, hopefully that turns out well. The good thing about the ICT course would be that it seems almost too easy. Only three multiple choice exams, that's it, no stress. That would be a breeze definitely but I don't know, I just don't feel like doing it. Ante up you know?

The campus itself is BIG and beautiful. It's kinda like a small town with its own grocery stores, libraries, eateries and whatnot. They even have their own police! And the air conditioning is probably top of the line, as the classes are very, very comfortable even in this heat. I only had two classes on monday, I'll prolly be having two more on wednesday. I'm hoping to add that HRM to monday, replacing the ICT course. On wednesdays I have Sales Management and in the evening, Social and Ethical Decision Making in Business.

That being said, I only have three courses at the moment, which is enough for HSE but I'm not sure if it's enough for SDSU. If it's not, I'll have to add one more course...won't be a business course though, that's for sure! One reason is that the book prices here are absolutely ridiculous. The cheapest Sales Management book I found at amazon.com was $120! The other reason is of course that I'm not looking for any more workload than is absolutely mandatory.

Yesterday I finally got my debit card from Washington Mutual. To my surprise, it also has Mastercard! Now I've got three different credit cards: Visa, Mastercard and Diners Club. I'm starting to feel like a big man here, traveling around the world with what-seems-like-unlimited-credit. Oh well, I gotta go activate the card at the bank now, and prolly heading for the beach after that. Until next time!

-Jugi

PS. Sorry for the lack of photos, will be posting some in the near future, including some of the campus area.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home