This blog is dedicated to my great journey to the United States of America. Most of the events take place in San Diego but at a later stage the east coast will take over as the main setting for the story.

Friday, September 01, 2006

Touchdown!


Yes indeed, I was at a football game today, for the first time in my life! Even though it was just university level football, it was like from the movies. It wasn't just a football game, it was like some sort of special event with all kinds of activities before the game, during breaks etc. The cheerleaders were simply amazing! Now I'm not talking about the looks as I couldn't discern their features, even with my eagle eyes (well I could discern enough to tell that you can find more beautiful girls at Kauniainen city library). But they were like professional athletes. I had to collect my eyeballs from the floor after witnessing some of the more complex routines they performed! And there was even a real orchestra playing for the home team, our beloved SDSU Aztecs. Who lost, by the way, and sucked ass for the first two and a half quarters.


What about the venue then? Well, Qualcomm Stadium has some 70,000 seats, of which around 35,000 were occupied tonight. Not bad for a university match! And the parking lot! It's easily the biggest I've ever seen! Finding seats was an adventure in its own right; with some typically stubborn French girls as our company, me and Tuija had to change seats twice. And the French left after the second quarter. Typical :D Well, it was all good and fun. All in all, football definitely left a positive impression on me; even though there wasn't really anything going on for the most part, it was still entertaining in some bizarre fashion. Probably because of all the glamour and hype that was going on. I'm definitely going again, and I've GOTTA see the San Diego Chargers play some time.
A hot dog something you gotta have at a football game. And I'm not talking about myself. Hahaha I'm so funny! Hahahahahahaah!


Other than that, well, I'm most likely staying in San Diego for the weekend. Gotta start planning my trips though, there's really not too many weekends left, honestly. I'm already set for Vegas in mid-September if everything goes according to plans, but I'm also determined to see San Francisco before fall hits there. LA, yes yes...and what would a west coast tour be without a visit to Hawaii? Maui sounds like the most interesting island for me.

School was pretty interesting on wednesday. Sales management was good, and the new class, Ethical Issues in Business was interesting as well, especially with a republican court judge as the professor. Honestly. The Networking and data communications course...I may have to go through it after all. Well, easy credits if nothing else. I'm considering taking some sailing/kayaking etc courses on tuesdays but I'm not sure if I wanna do that. Tomorrow, I'm gonna visit campus cause I gotta get a trolley pass and there's also some sorta international coffee hour at 1.30 pm, which features a whole lot of Persian stuff this week. There's supposed to be like a free lunch and all sorts of nice stuff. I heard it's worth checking so why not. Now, however, this one's going to bed.

SDSU Campus


PS. Check out the Roots' "Game Theory" if you haven't already!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home