This blog is dedicated to my great journey to the United States of America. Most of the events take place in San Diego but at a later stage the east coast will take over as the main setting for the story.

Saturday, September 16, 2006

San Francisco!

Today has been an exhausting, but rewarding day. Leaving our beloved San Diego behind for a few days, we drove all the way to San Francisco. The trip was long, tiring and full of wonders. I saw many different, memorable things on the way to SF...like LA in the morning, like a million cows on on a single farm, hundreds of wind energy generators, Golden Gate bridge and so on. It has been an incredible day.

Our hotel is very, very good here in San Francisco. And we've got WLAN in our room! Me without the Internet is like a Corona with no Lime. Thanks to our trustworthy son, Mercedes Benz, we did not need to book a hotel from downtown SF which would have been expensive or a rat's nest, depending on your preferences. I must admit that I absolutely love driving that MB, it has a lot more power than I would have expected...when you put the petal to the metal, you can hear and feel the power, and the car actually moves! Quite different from my mom's tiny Citroen C3!

Our plans for the trip are to see Golden Gate in full daylight, to explore downtown, to go see Alcatraz and to visit Yosemite national park. We'll be going back on tuesday (wednesday in Finland) so we'll have time to do all of that. The climate here isn't as friendly as in SD; it's probably much like Finland at the moment. But it's ok, it's not raining or anything, and I hear it's getting warmer towards the weekend.

Well, I gotta get up early tomorrow, so I'll leave something for tomorrow or some other day as well! I must apologise for the lack of photos, they will be coming in the near future, more precisely after I get back.

Oh yeah, I'm not cutting my hair for a while, I'm gonna keep on growing it at least until mid november. I made a promise, and I am a man of my word. It's not pretty, but it is honorable. Plus it is something new. Like everything else here. Until next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home