This blog is dedicated to my great journey to the United States of America. Most of the events take place in San Diego but at a later stage the east coast will take over as the main setting for the story.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

The Shopper Supreme, even Richie Rich reincarnated

That's me. As you can see, everyone in the crowd is absolutely awestruck by my inspiring presence. Or not. The dude in that green shirt is my buddy Trever by the way.


It's been a moment since the last time I posted, though I cannot say it has been because there hasn't been anything worth mentioning. My hair is still the same as well, your quintessential Beatle-looking Beach Boy is going to continue his Cali-conquest despite some protests.

I'll start with last Friday, since the days before that I was concentrating on reviving my tan again, with success naturally. Yes, with Friday came also great expenditures. Perttu's girlfriend had arrived on Thursday so we decided to go to San Ysidro, to do some shopping, what else.

So off we went, with Battlecat's engine roaring like a dragon, as is expected. I was thinking that I needed a pair of flip flops as well new shorts. Sounds good on paper right, not much spending for me huh? Well guess again. I endend up spending around 300 bucks on that day, and I did not even find any decent shorts. I did Reef find flip flops that had a bottle-opener at the bottom (thanks to my buddy Trever for the clue)! I also found a beach towel (at last), a polo shirt (polo is pikee in English), some sports equipment, some t-shirts and a sweater, and finally a Calvin Klein leather jacket. Most of the other stuff are brand items as well, they're just that cheap. CK leather jacket for a mere $200! How am I supposed to resist that? It's not like I need it here in San Diego where it's sunny and warm all the time, but imagine the chedda I'll be saving in the long term, not having to buy a jacket in ever so expensive Finland! Plus, I saved myself from the hideous task of actually finding a decent jacket.

My expensive weekend did not end there. Trever told me about this SDSU Aztecs game on Saturday, after which was this supposedly off the hook fireworks show arranged by this radio station KGB. Before the event itself was this tailgate event, which featured free food and BEER. Of course I said wanted to go, sounded like a lot of fun! And it was, for the most part. The tailgate thing was awesome, and I got to taste American Heineken for the first time. I say American, because it actually tastes like poop. It is nothing like the Heineken they sell in Europe. It does have a fancy can and all that, but it tastes like Karjala which is the worst beer I've tasted to date. Absolutely horrible, stay away from that excuse of a beer, I beseech you!

The game itself was the only sucky part of the evening. The Aztecs sucked ass and dick, bigtime, again! Oh my God it was BOOORING! They deserved every bit of the asswhooping they got from Utah. But the fireworks after the game, HOT DAMN! I thought I saw spectacular fireworks last summer on Naxos, but this was something else indeed! The show was so amazing I found myself constantly collecting my eyes from the floor! I gotta show a few pics, words just don't do any justice. Well, they might if I was some pulitzer and nobel-prized author/journalist but hey, you can't have everything, right?


After the fireworks we headed downtown, me, Trever and his girlfriend and some others, to this club Visions again. For cheap drinks of course. I drank this huge shot (1dl) of Jagermeister, and downed some vodka-redbulls as well as some other stuff, in less than 3o minutes. Then we went to Stingarees which like the place to be in San Diego at the moment. That showed in the prices. Admission alone was 20 bucks, and I ended up spending like 160 bucks. And I got absolutely HAMMERED! No Stingarees for me in a while. It was a lot of fun though, a rooftop bar with a lot of people, and I even met yet another Finn who's living in San Diego! My memories are a bit blurry towards the end of the evening, but I did hog a meatball sub before going to Trever's place, maybe supposedly for an after-party but I think we went to sleep almost immediately after we arrived there. Ahh, I must tip my hat for Trev for having a futon, that's what I call hospitality. I slept well, probably better than on my sorry ass "bed" in the rat's nest that still is my room. Not for long though!

Sunday was my eat-healthy-stay-fresh day of the week. I had this gigantic hamburger for breakfast/brunch, aptly named "Heart Stopper", and an enormous carnitas burrito at our local mexican joint for dinner. That burger was all I needed to kill off my hangover before it had even begun but the burrito nearly took my life. Seriously, that was way too much at that point. I'm telling you, a pork meat -filled burrito that weighs around 800g is bad for your health when you're hung over.

Last, my seventh week here started off like a dream, as it was confirmed that I will be accommodating an extremely welcome visitor at the end of October. A very special shoutout to that very special lady, for having the resolution to break that newly started university routine for a while and join me in California! 2,5 weeks of heaven in San Diego await, and only 3 weeks away! My life is so good.

Ringo Starr

PS. Here's some more pics from our SF trip! In the following order: Golden Gate, Pier 39 & Alcatraz, Golden Gate, Downtown, Downtown from Little Italy, Chinatown, Yosemite






3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude! Whats that on your head in the first picture? It looks like a dead animal ;)

8:05 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mäkin ostin perjantaina LV:n laukun 1700e, Guccin puvun 1800, Diorin lenkkarit 350 ja D&Gn farkut 450e. Sit menin sumpille Armanin kahvilaan ja mietin et tarvin vähän eläintä paidan päälle ja kas! (frendien kesken) Gianni V:n (RIP) putiikki tarjos oivan avun lutusella nahka-takillaan 3000e.
Ja olihan se illalla pakko käydä kurkkaamassa niiden muotinäytös ja pistää yläfemmat mm. Princen ja Victoria Silvstedtin kanssa.

2:58 PM

 
Blogger Jugi said...

Kiva että sulla on Espen varaa tollasiin. Mä joudun tyytymään näihin alemyynteihin. Pushali sulle!

11:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home